Sunday, January 18, 2009

Inauguration Bound

My uncle scored extra inauguration tickets and was awesome enough to give them to my wife and me. (Thanks Ed!) We plan to be in the city between tonight, when The Boss is playing on the Mall, and Tuesday. We're staying with friends who live on Capitol Hill. I am both dreading the chaos of the massive crowds and excited to see the whole city shut down, in party mode. 

You should know that I have a history of holding homemade signs and placards with political messages when I'm in a big crowd like this. So, I'm trying to decide what to write on my 2' x 3' poster board. I want it to be in this format:
DEAR WORLD,
(FILL IN THE BLANK)
LOVE,
AMERICA
I'm open to suggestions. If you had to boil it all down, what's the message you want the world to take from the inauguration? What should the exit of President George W. Bush and the entrance of President Barack Obama say to the world?  Remember it has to be legible on a poster board from some distance. So far, I'm thinking something along the lines of "We're Back" or "We're Better Now" or something like that. 

Tell me what you would say, and you might see your message on TV in the next couple of days. 



4 comments:

Scott said...

Maybe just something simple like "Change is Here"

Becky said...

how about, "Now, where were we?"

or

"we're now under new management."

Unknown said...

You wish you had ours.

Christine said...

I always wanted to take a big ad out in the New York Times and say

Dear World.

We are sorry!

-America

But, your sign ROCKED!